01 March 2009

Great to Be Home

It is just appropriate to start the travel section of this journal with a layover trip in my home country – Philippines.

I grew up in Quezon City which used to be the former capital of the country (1948 – 1976) and considered to be the most populous among cities in the metro. And from there, we moved a bit to the southern shores of Manila Bay – the Cavite province.

My last layover trip in Manila happened last September 2008 when I was still with Etihad Airways and since I joined Emirates Airline, I knew that such trip would follow after my ab initio training. Now that I was scheduled to do this flight, it just happened that my parents are in Dubai for a vacation. So, instead of swapping this sector, I brought some stuff from my previous flat back here in the Philippines.

Before going home to Cavite, my brothers and I went to Greenhills Shopping Center to have a software update of my iPhone so as to save time later on. As we arrived in Cavite, I was, as usual, welcomed by our every loving Dachshund, Muymuy, and ofcourse by my beloved handsome Nephew, Rizen.

It was just wonderful to be home.


Update:
On the flight back to homebase, the Filipino crew were excited as we were informed that Martin Nieverra would be a passenger in business class. He will be in Dubai for a concert at Zabeel Park.

While I was having a big bite of my pear, I was caught in a moment when he came out from the lavatory. All I could say was "Hi Mart!" He replied with a big smile and had a chat with me. He was very friendly and indeed accommodating.

Before the flight ended, he gave us copies of his albums and thanked us for the nice flight. Ofcourse, picture taking would not be missed and even foreign crew posed for photos with this famous Filipino balladeer.

Life is just great! Thank you Dad!

No comments: