12 July 2009

Motivation and Habit

I came across these words at gym back in the Philippines saying something to this effect, “Motivation gets you started and Habit keeps you going.”

The gap between motivation and habit is way far, well of course, depending to such goals. Classic example, if your ideal weight should just be around 70 kilos and you are weighing beyond it, achieving a Zac Efron-like body can be a motivation. You enrolled at Fitness First locking your self for a year, which you compensated at around AED 5,500.00 (approximately $1,500.00), would be a big “No! No!” You'd waste your money, you'd waste your time and you'd not achieve the real purpose for hitting the gym – staying fit and healthy. Trust me, I know what I’m saying!

In attaining a goal, inspiration leads the success to motivate someone. If you want a body like Zac Efron, you may start by getting a copy of his pictures online and visualize having the same type of body in the next six months to a year. Then, enroll yourself to the gym, create a fitness program, watch your diet, and in time, you will get use to these routines. Habit kicks in to your system and without knowing it, you are achieving the result of your gym pains and sweats.

It can be very effortless to lose motivation but people who have distinct goals, a standard routine and a program are best keys to maintain a regime.

The same thing applies to this blog. I wanted a mainstream site which I would have regular readers but eventually, I could not update it. I had the motivation and I acquired the habit but it all started from an off the beam inspiration. Now, look at the last time this blog was updated. Get it?

Now it is time to establish a real goal – to maintain the skills and apply my creativity, hence, providing a venue to exchange views and ideas. Eventually, with this vision in mind, habit streams through my veins leading me to achieving my goal. And who knows, perks and bonuses may come along the way.

So, what is your motivation?

No comments: